As we approach the end of the year, I wanted to do a little something different with homework. My class last year did “Camp Read-A-Lot” and LOVED it. SO…I thought I would bring it back this year for more fun! I told the kids about it today and they are pumped 🙂 Your only literacy homework from here on out will be to read and record your minutes. The more minutes you read the more fun you will get to have! More details in their take-home folder Monday. Homework bags will not be sent home since it is just a calendar. Math homework will continue to be sent home from your child’s math teacher. Happy Reading!
What’s your favorite color baby??? BLUE AND WHITE!!! We are going to have a blue and white day tomorrow to cheer the CATS on to their 9th NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP! Wear all your favorite UK gear. Let the cheering begin C-A-T-S, CATS, CATS, CATS!
We have had LOTS of indoor recess this year due to all the cold weather! If anyone has a board game (new or used) that we could borrow till the end of the year to spruce up our indoor recess collection, we would greatly appreciate it. We promise to do our best to not lose any pieces. Thanks in advance! Please put your name in the box so we can return it.
The local non-profit organization AreUKind.org, founded by two Lexington kids, Josh and Jacob Griffin are on a mission to collect 25,000 pairs of shoes for the global non-profit Soles4Souls. Soles4Souls distributes new and used shoes to developing nations and disaster stricken areas all around the world in an effort to help break the cycle of poverty. Veterans Park will be hosting the collection efforts here and ask that you clean out your closets and bring in all of your used and no longer worn shoes any day until March 28, any size, any kind and in any condition. There is a yellow box with shoe prints on it located outside Mrs. Fox’s office where you can deposit your shoes each day. There are 300 million children worldwide who live without shoes, so together we can help to make a big difference.
Hello Everyone! Hope you are all doing well and maybe getting back into the swing of things after all the snow days. The next class party will be for Valentine’s Day on February 14th. The class will be decorating valentine boxes before hand. If you could send in an empty cereal box with your child in the next couple of weeks, that would be a big help!!! The bigger the box the better 🙂 Please send in your empty box by Feb. 3. Thanks so much!
- We have a no homework night on Tuesday night for family dinner! I let the kids vote for one thing to take out of their homework bags. They voted for fluency cards. So you won’t see those next week.
- The book fair will be going on until Thursday. Our class will visit it during library on Monday. If you want to send in money for them to buy something, Monday would be a great day to do it!
- Thanksgiving lunch is on Thursday from 10:50-11:05.
- Don’t forget to send in toys for the toy drive! Four friends have already donated! THANKS!!!
- If you want to be a guest reader in January or February on a Friday morning at 7:55, let me know! I am making the schedule next week 🙂