Our class took the reading MAP test on Monday. Everyone worked so hard and gave their very best effort. EVERYONE in our class beat their end of year growth target!!! WAY TO GO!!! As a celebration, we are going to have a picnic lunch tomorrow! If you can send a beach towel in with your child to sit on, that would be wonderful. Hopefully it won’t rain, but if it does we will just reschedule for Friday. So proud of these kiddos and all the work they have put in this year! AMAZING!!!
Don’t forget our trip to the zoo is tomorrow!
- Your child does not need to bring a backpack to school on Monday.
- Please send your child’s disposable sack lunch (labeled with their name- gallon size ziplocs work best) to school with them even if you are also going to the zoo.
- You need to be at VPE by 4pm on Monday to pick up your child.
- When we arrive back at VPE, we will have a checklist to dismiss students, so do not take them until your child’s teacher has checked you off.
- Dress for the weather- rain or shine! Looks like it is going to be warm and sunny 🙂 Put sunscreen on at home and feel free to have your child wear a hat or sunglasses.
- Your child does not need to bring any money with them to the zoo because we are not going to the gift shop or buying extra “treats”.
Chaperones- Don’t forget to be at VPE at 8am for the mandatory meeting with Ms. McVey! After that, feel free to head on up to the zoo! We will see you in the School Safari Camp to get your kiddos! I am sending home an itenerary in your child’s folder today!
As we approach the end of the year, I wanted to do a little something different with homework. My class last year did “Camp Read-A-Lot” and LOVED it. SO…I thought I would bring it back this year for more fun! I told the kids about it today and they are pumped 🙂 Your only literacy homework from here on out will be to read and record your minutes. The more minutes you read the more fun you will get to have! More details in their take-home folder Monday. Homework bags will not be sent home since it is just a calendar. Math homework will continue to be sent home from your child’s math teacher. Happy Reading!